Saturday, January 15, 2011
I'm watching Property Ladder, and the girl who is tackling her first flip is definitely falling face first OFF the ladder.  First of all, she bought a house without looking at it first.  And planned to spend $10,000 in remodeling before selling it for a $40,000 profit.  Shockingly, the house was a disaster, and her budget ended up being closer to $25,000.  She didn't show up most days, her contractor couldn't get a hold of her, and she refused to lower her asking price when the place wasn't selling.  She tried to cut corners to save money on her budget... and yet she drives a gold $80,000 Lexus convertible.  Maybe we need to help her find some reality...

Okay, so that all aside, I've been house hunting too!  Not REAL house hunting.  Just pretend.  I don't even know where I'm going to be living.  But the fact that I will be moving at all means I get to pretend house hunt.  The whole "I need a garage or basement so that no one steals my bike again" gave me reason to peruse the for sale options in some of my top choice residency locations.  I wasn't looking at totally unreasonable options though.  The search criteria?
  • $90,000-$140,000
  • At least 2 bedrooms
  • Basement or garage
  • Not cavelike (that's just an instinct sort of thing...)
  • No more than 1 room of wallpaper. 
That's about it.  Not demanding :)  So, let me show you some of the houses I came up with!  (Remember, this is pretend.  But oodles of fun).
 

House #1:  The people who love color.

House #2:  The people who don't love color.


House #3:  The most adorable little cottage EVER.
 

House #4:  The one with something secretly wrong... we just don't know what it is.



So, there you have it folks.  The best of the "house" options.  Any favs?  And no, I didn't tell you where these houses are located.  That was intentional.  Remember, I'm being verrrry secretive about my potential residency choices in blog world... until I make a decision!  Sorry :)

Fake house hunting is so much fun.

Cheers,
Kari

3 comments:

EoE Brewer said...

House #1 has my vote because of the color, but I like the architectual style of House #4 the best. Still, I can go on and on about the benefits of an attached garage, it's just awesome when you need a place to stash your bicycles and toys.

EoE Brewer said...

Good choice on the wallpaper thing, it's a pain to take down and repaint.

Unknown said...

4!!!! SOOOOO cute! Maybe the "secretly wrong" something won't rear it's nasty head in a 3 year period :)

About Me

I am a Family Medicine intern at a community hospital in Indiana, navigating the new world of being a physician. I am privileged to work in a field I love, where every day is a new and unpredictable challenge.
I am not only a doctor, but also a cyclist, runner, DIYer in the making, lover of the outdoors, traveler, and human.
Human, MD is a glimpse into the world of a young doctor who is just trying to stay true to herself through the grueling whirlwind of residency.

Followers

Visitor Count