Tuesday, January 4, 2011
I'm heading back to NC tomorrow, so I'm trying to sneak in a few more "only available in Lancaster" moments. 

So let me introduce you to the giant bag of pretzels. 


Below it is the dishwasher, for some perspective.  Huge.  6 lbs to be exact.  Delicious pretzels.  They come from the Julius Sturgis Pretzel Company in Lititz, PA, and were the first commercial pretzel maker in the US.  And they have a giant pretzel outside their door, which I used to love getting my picture taken in front of.
I divided it up into a couple bags, and left the majority for my parents, because, really, what am I going to do with 6 lbs of pretzels?!

You can't get good pretzels in NC.  They only have Snyder's, and that's just not okay.  So I have to import them.

Pretzels, and whoopie pies, and chicken pot pie. 

1 comments:

EoE Brewer said...

You need to invent the Pretzel Party and host one soon!

About Me

I am a Family Medicine intern at a community hospital in Indiana, navigating the new world of being a physician. I am privileged to work in a field I love, where every day is a new and unpredictable challenge.
I am not only a doctor, but also a cyclist, runner, DIYer in the making, lover of the outdoors, traveler, and human.
Human, MD is a glimpse into the world of a young doctor who is just trying to stay true to herself through the grueling whirlwind of residency.

Followers

Visitor Count