Friday, April 15, 2011
My hotel is in the middle of the shopping mecca of this area.  Every store one could possibly need is within a 2 mile radius, including both a Borders and a Barnes and Noble.  Apparently, the Barnes and Noble is doing much better, though.  Borders has been forced out of business.  Luckily for me, I rolled into town a mere 6 days before it closes FOREVER!  Which means they are trying to liquidate all of their stock.  Unfortunately, everyone has already snatched up the leftover coffee and industrial cafe espresso machines, but there were still lots of books to choose from!  All at least 70% off, no less. 

So, I may or may not have snatched up some books for a ridiculously cheap price. 
I got these 8 books for a total of $33.14.  I added up the list prices, and the total WOULD have been $166.80.  For you mathematically uninclined people, that's 80% off.  Woot woot!

And, for an interesting summary of what my life is all about, here's a breakdown of books by topic.
2 Medical Related: The Emperor of All Maladies, The Surgeons
2 Fiction: Commencement, Disgrace
1 Running: Born to Run
1 Mountain Climbing: One Mountain Thousand Summits
1 Religion:  Beginner's Grace
1 Random: Confessions of an Economic Hitman

This should get me through the next few months! 

What types of books do you usually read?

1 comments:

EoE Brewer said...

Oh my, I did the same thing two weeks ago. I stumbled upon a Borders sale in Evansville, IN and loaded up on books. It was like being in a candy store... : )

About Me

I am a Family Medicine intern at a community hospital in Indiana, navigating the new world of being a physician. I am privileged to work in a field I love, where every day is a new and unpredictable challenge.
I am not only a doctor, but also a cyclist, runner, DIYer in the making, lover of the outdoors, traveler, and human.
Human, MD is a glimpse into the world of a young doctor who is just trying to stay true to herself through the grueling whirlwind of residency.

Followers

Visitor Count