Thursday, July 14, 2011
Tonight I start my first stint on nights.  My grand plan was to stay up late last night being uber-productive, then sleep kinda late today, then take a nap before heading in at 7 tonight.  I stayed up until about 1:30am last night, then slept this morning until 8:30.  That doesn't really qualify as sleeping in... I mean, it's better than waking up at 5:15.  But still, not what I was hoping for!  I do have a nap planned for 4. I'll be awesome.  But I still think I'll be pretty tuckered tonight as I try to convince my body that 2am is the new lunch time.  I'll probably end up looking like this:

Any brilliant ideas for making the switch from days to nights (and then back to days...) go smoothly??

0 comments:

About Me

I am a Family Medicine intern at a community hospital in Indiana, navigating the new world of being a physician. I am privileged to work in a field I love, where every day is a new and unpredictable challenge.
I am not only a doctor, but also a cyclist, runner, DIYer in the making, lover of the outdoors, traveler, and human.
Human, MD is a glimpse into the world of a young doctor who is just trying to stay true to herself through the grueling whirlwind of residency.

Followers

Visitor Count